Sunday, June 10, 2007

More Progress Than Strigiformes Should Be Allowed to Make


When it rains, it pours sometimes, and this Owl has experienced an unexpected and very welcome (and maybe even somewhat frightening) streak of progress in recording the new album over this weekend.

So far, "Hydrogen & Stupidity" (duet for classical guitar and bass clarinet) has been finished and mixed. "And Your Point Is--?" ( a completely improvised ensemble piece that, without intending to, gets eerily reminiscent of Miles Davis' late 60's/early 70's electric outings in spots) was just completed earlier tonight with the last guitar and "spook organ" tracks going in. I'll attempt mixing later this week. I just got "A Brew For Elliot Spitzer and The Minutemen" started with some drum and organ tracks.

Also in the works will be my "metal" tune, titled "My Royalties Paid for WHAT???"

Later this week, I'll attempt a final mix on "It Takes A Village to Raise an Idiot"

Now. the upcoming dilemma for me is this, should I do the mastering at home or send it out to be done. If anyone knows a good mastering place in the Atlanta area that's reasonable, please feel free to respond.

No comments: